Related Articles for you
- Crypto Mortgage Review: Purchase a Home with Nothing Down
- Highlands Residential Mortgage: On a Mission to Become the World’s Most Respected Mortgage Brand
- Celebrity Home Loans Review: If You Want More Than a Call Center Home Loan
Hamilton Home Loans says it wants to provide customers with a “refreshingly simple” mortgage experience, an angle many modern lenders are touting.
At the same time, they aren’t forgoing trusted guidance and the still very relevant human touch many borrowers want.
Together, their aim is to deliver world-class service to their clientele, a goal that seems to have been met based on their thousands of excellent customer reviews.
What makes them unique is its Customer for Life Program, which waives lender fees for repeat customers.
They also don’t charge fees for neighborhood heroes such as police, firefighters, nurses, and the military. Read on to learn more about them.
Hamilton Home Loans Fast Facts
- Independent mortgage banker that offers the purchase and refinances loans
- Founded in 2003, headquartered in Sunrise, Florida
- Currently licensed to do business in 28 states and D.C.
- Has more than 500 employees and 44 branch locations nationwide
- Customer for Life program waives lender fees for repeat customers
- Funded roughly $2 billion in home loans last year
Hamilton Home Loans is an independent mortgage banker that offers home purchase loans and mortgage refinances to existing homeowners.
They got their start back in 2003, and have since grown into a multi-state mortgage originator with 44 branch locations and more than 500 employees.
Last year, the company funded about $2 billion in home loans, with a near-equal split of purchase loans and refinances.
They are most active in their home state of Florida, which accounted for 70% of overall loan volume.
Much of the remainder came from the state of Texas, with Nevada and North Carolina also major states for the company.
At the moment, they’re licensed to do business in 28 states along with the District of Columbia.
How to Apply with Hamilton Home Loans
You can apply for a mortgage over the phone, online, or in person. Most customers will likely begin at their website.
From there, you’ll be prompted to find a loan advisor using their online search engine.
It’s possible to search by name, state, or zip code to find a branch or individual loan advisor near you.
Aside from finding contact info, you’ll be able to click “Apply Online” from an advisor’s webpage to begin a formal application on your own from any device.
Their digital process allows you to securely scan and upload documents, eSign disclosures, message your loan officer instantly, and receive updates as you go.
They offer an app as well if you wish to complete tasks from your smartphone.
Loan Programs Offered by Hamilton Home Loans
- Home purchase loans
- Home renovation loans
- New construction loans
- Refinance loans: rate/term, cash out, streamline
- Conforming loans backed by Fannie and Freddie
- Jumbo home loans
- Super jumbo loans
- FHA loans
- VA loans
- USDA loans
- Reverse mortgages
- Down Payment Assistance programs
Hamilton Home Loans offers an extensive menu of loan programs that should suit the needs of just about anyone.
This includes home purchase loans, renovation loans, refinance loans, and construction loans.
Hamilton Home Loans Rates
Like many other lenders, Hamilton Home Loans doesn’t publicize its mortgage rates online.
In order to obtain pricing, you’ll need to speak with a loan advisor first. The one clue we have about their rates comes from their many online reviews, which often indicate pricing was lower than expected.
And while they don’t list their lender fees online to my knowledge, they appear to charge $1,590 for underwriting and loan processing.
This is based on the fee waiver they provide to repeat customers and heroes, which removes those aforementioned fees.
As always, put in the time to obtain multiple mortgage rate quotes to ensure you don’t miss out on a better price elsewhere.
And be sure to factor in the interest rate and lender fees to get the complete picture.
Hamilton Home Loans Reviews
On Experience.com, Hamilton Home Loans has a stellar 4.93-star rating out of 5 from over 20,000 customer reviews.
Their score is doubly-impressive given the very large sample size. Take the time to filter by the loan officer to find someone who stands out from the crowd.
They’ve also got a perfect 5.0-star rating on Google from over 2,000 customer reviews.
Over at Zillow, they’ve got an equally solid 4.97-star rating from about 700 customer reviews.
Lastly, while they’re not an accredited business, they hold an ‘A+’ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) based on customer complaint history.
To summarize, Hamilton Home Loans offers useful perks for first-time home buyers (like their Almost Home loan commitment) along with no lender fees for repeat customers.
They also offer a wide array of loan programs, meaning they could be a good choice for home buyers and existing owners.
Their customer reviews are also excellent across all rating websites.
The only real question mark is pricing, which if competitive could make them a good option for those in need of any kind of mortgage.
Hamilton Home Loans Pros and Cons
The Good Stuff
- Can apply for a home loan online in a matter of minutes
- Offer a digital, mostly paperless mortgage application process
- Physical branches are located in several states as well
- Full commitment letters for prospective home buyers (better than a pre-approval)
- No lender fees for repeat customers
- Lots of loan programs to choose from
- 20,000+ excellent customer reviews
- A+ BBB rating
- Free smartphone app
- Free mortgage calculators, how-to guides, and glossary online
The Maybe Not
- Do not publicize mortgage rates and lender fees
- Only licensed in 28 states and D.C. currently
- May transfer your loan servicing to another company after closing