Related Article for you
- A Beginner’s Guide on How to Buy Bitcoin with PayPal
- Top lists of Cryptocurrencies Prices and Market cap in Canada 2023
- 5 Crypto Scams you need to know before Buying Bitcoin
Until recently, there were limited options to buy Bitcoin with PayPal, mainly due to chargeback issues. However, recently PayPal has become more favorable to Bitcoin
The Following are the credible ways to buy Bitcoin with PayPal, See the detailed explanation, and Here’s what they cover below;
1. Bitcoin Directly through PayPal
Pros: Low risk, very high maximum limits
Cons: Only the US is currently supported for withdrawals
In October 2020, PayPal rolled out direct purchases of Bitcoin (and three other cryptocurrencies) within the PayPal digital wallet, through a partnership with Paxos.
This allows users to hold and sell Bitcoins purchased through the service, as well as use them to pay PayPal-supported merchants. As of June 2022, PayPal also allows users to withdraw their coins into third-party wallets for personal storage or wider use throughout the ecosystem. It’s worth mentioning that this option is currently only available for US users, with more countries due to be added over time.
Maximum limits are $10,000 per week with no annual limit, while fees vary between 1.5% and 2.3%, depending on the size of the purchase.
How to Buy Bitcoin Directly on PayPal
- Sign up for an account, if you don’t already use PayPal
- Click on “Buy and Sell” under the “Your crypto” section
- Click on “Bitcoin” and “Buy”
- Enter the amount of Bitcoin you want to buy
- Select your payment method and click “Next”
- Check the conversion rate and transaction fee.
- Click ‘Buy now’ to confirm the purchase and the coins should be available in your PayPal digital wallet.
2. Bitcoins with PayPal using Bitstamp
Pros: Very well-established, highly trustworthy
Cons: Cannot withdraw back to PayPal (yet), lower limits than other platforms
Bitstamp is one of the oldest and best-respected cryptocurrency exchanges today, being in operation since 2011. The platform supports PayPal for Bitcoin purchases if you’re a resident in the US or EU, and pay with EUR, USD, and GBP.
There’s a limit of up to $2,500 daily and a cap of $20,000 per month. Fees on PayPal purchases are 5% of the total purchase amount, which is high (but not uncommon) for the payment method. It should be noted that as of writing, users cannot withdraw money directly back to their PayPal account upon selling their Bitcoin – they will have to opt for an alternative fiat withdrawal method.
How to Buy Bitcoin with PayPal through Bitstamp
- Select Bitcoin from the assets page, then click Buy with PayPal. or you can click “Direct Crypto Purchase” on the Deposit page
- Enter the fiat amount you wish to spend, then click on “Buy with PayPal”.
- You’ll be directed to the PayPal login, where you can link your PayPal account with Bitstamp.
- Ensure that the name associated with your PayPal account is the same as the one you’ve used to register your Bitstamp account.
- Confirm the transaction. Your accounts will be successfully connected, and the purchase completed.
3. Bitcoins with PayPal using CEX.IO
Pros: Established & regulated exchange, a great reputation
Cons: Lower daily limits than other options, not available worldwide
CEX.io is a well-established exchange that has been around since 2013. It’s known to be highly reliable and well-regulated but is also equally well-known for relatively high fees.
On the plus side, CEX.io offers Bitcoin purchases via PayPal at competitive pricing. This can be done via CEX.io’s “Buy” option within the wallet app, or on the exchange using the “Instant Buy” feature. PayPal purchases on CEX.io are limited to a maximum of $1,000 daily, or a minimum of $20. Fees include a lowered 1.49% service charge for GBP deposits made by UK residents, or 2.99% to 3.99% plus a variable service fee for other countries, depending on the country.
How to Buy Bitcoin with PayPal through CEX.io
- Navigate to the CEX.io Instant Buy service
- Select BTC in the “Buy” dropdown menu, then select the fiat currency you wish to purchase it with.
- Enter the amount of Bitcoin that you wish to buy
- Click “Buy” select PayPal as your payment method and click “Log in with Paypal” to link your PayPal account
- Select PayPal as your payment method once more, then click “Buy with PayPal”
- Complete the purchase within the PayPal account window
4. Bitcoins with PayPal using eToro
Pros: Relatively low fees, a variety of payment methods accepted
Cons: Not available worldwide, withdrawing profits in crypto is complicated
eToro: One of the easiest ways to buy Bitcoin with PayPal would be through eToro, US users disclaimereToro USA LLC; Investments are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal. 79% of retail CFD accounts lose money.CFDs are not available to US customers. Proceed to eToro but only for a limited purpose. While the platform will allow you to buy bitcoins with PayPal, withdrawing them to your wallet will take an extensive amount of time and steps.
Alternatively, eToro is better suited to speculate on Bitcoin’s price rather than to buy the actual coin for using it. If you’re just looking to profit from price swings and don’t require the actual bitcoins, this is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go. If, however, you need the actual bitcoins to buy stuff
5. Bitcoins with PayPal using Coinbase
Pros: Well-trusted platform, high limit
Cons: Cannot purchase from PayPal balance directly, US customers only
Coinbase one of the world’s most trusted cryptocurrency exchanges began accepting PayPal as a means of payment in 2022. Unfortunately, as of writing, Coinbase doesn’t allow users to buy directly using their PayPal balance, but rather through a debit card or bank account that is linked to their PayPal account. This is somewhat restrictive. On the bright side, the maximum daily limits are nice and high at $25,000 per day.
Coinbase users may also withdraw fiat from Coinbase to their PayPal account
Fees for using PayPal to make a debit card purchase on Coinbase are 4% of each trade, while bank deposits via PayPal cost 2.5%.
6. Bitcoins with PayPal using LocalBitcoins
Pros: A wide variety of sellers from around the world
Cons: Poor exchange rates, the additional risk of dealing directly with individuals
LocalBitcoins: unlike eToro, is a marketplace where buyers and sellers connect directly. When you use LocalBitcoins, you’re dealing with an actual person, which means that the seller’s credibility is another thing to watch out for.
As for fees, sellers will usually charge a premium since they’re taking a big risk of buyer chargebacks. The upside is that you will usually get your bitcoins faster.
How to Use LocalBitcoins
Step 1 – Enter your search parameters The first step will be to go to LocalBitcoins and enter how many bitcoins you want to buy and from which country. Since LocalBitcoins was originally made for people to meet face-to-face, there’s no “worldwide” search, which is a shame. You have to go through each country, one at a time.
Step 2 – Choose your seller On the next screen, you’ll see a list of available sellers, you can now browse them one by one.
Step 3 – Complete the trade Once you’ve found your seller, you’ll be taken to the trade screen. There you’ll be able to see information about the user’s trade limits, location, and payment window.
Bitcoins with PayPal using Paxful
Pros: Wide variety of sellers from around the world
Cons: Poor exchange rates, the additional risk of dealing with individual sellers
Paxful is a very similar platform to LocalBitcoins. It’s a peer-to-peer marketplace that allows you to buy Bitcoin with almost anything (e.g., Skype credits, and Amazon gift cards). The process of buying bitcoins at Paxful is pretty simple:
How to Use Paxful
- Create an account.
- Verify your identity.
- Choose a payment method for buying and the desired amount.
- Choose your seller. You can either choose manually or let Paxful decide who is the best seller for you.
- Once the trade initiates, you will be sent to an online chat with the seller, where you can finalize the deal. The seller’s bitcoins will be sent into escrow, and once you mark that you’ve sent your payment, they will be released into your account.
Is it possible to Use Paypal to Buy Bitcoin? There are several ways you can buy Bitcoin with PayPal, the easiest being through the actual PayPal platform. Some other alternatives also allow you to purchase coins using PayPal as a payment method, such as Coinbase and LocalBitcoins. eToroUS users disclaimereToro USA LLC; Investments are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal. 79% of retail CFD accounts lose money.CFDs are not available to US customers.
Proceed to eToro is also a very convenient option, but is more suitable for users who are looking to speculate on price rather than actually withdrawing their coins.
Have you had any experience with buying Bitcoins with PayPal? If so, I’d love to hear about it in the comment section below.
7 Credible Methods to buy Bitcoin with PayPal in 2023